Sunday, January 15, 2012

Gesehen: Parisian Graffiti "Evrery Where"

Remember when I launched that Gesehen "series" over a month ago? Yeah, I had forgotten, too. Well here is my attempt to resuscitate it.

While in Paris, I spotted a ton of cool graffiti. I always notice graffiti a lot more when I travel than when I'm at home, which makes sense because when exploring somewhere new or foreign one generally takes more time walking through neighborhoods, enjoying the sights, and paying attention to the little things one doesn't notice or appreciate in their everyday lives. Like famous violinists playing in subway stations. Here is some graffiti I captured walking through Paris, mostly in the Marais in the 3rd and 4th arrondissements:

P.S. I love the misspelling in the first picture. Leave it to the French (or Germans, for that matter) to add an "r" to a word, making it more guttural and difficult to pronounce.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you seen "Through the gift shop"? It's a documentary that shows a lot of the history of the street art scene in Paris... you'd love it. Wish I could come putter around with you today xo Christine

Sophia said...

No I haven't! Will have to check it out at some point.