Thursday, January 12, 2012

Warming the House with Brunch and Glühwein

Shortly before heading back to DC for Christmas, I had some Berlin friends over to the apartment for the first time for a makeshift housewarming party. I hosted a brunch, partly because I think brunch is an easy meal to host and partly because I don't know if I'm ready to risk an evening party in my building where the mean age is 72 and the mean bedtime 8pm.

There were 6 of us in total and we spent a couple hours lounging around, sipping mimosas, and eating entirely too much food since I had decided to cook for an army. Among other things, I made some Algerian felfel and for the next 4 days was hit with the smell of roasted peppers and garlic when I entered the apartment.

After brunch, 3 of us decided to check out the Schloss Charlottenburg Weihnachtsmarkt which is supposed to be one of the nicest in the city. We were not disappointed! The market was beautiful, the lights sparkling, the Glühwein flavors varied. My pictures are unfortunately not of the highest quality because my camera was broken and I had to use my iPad. Which, by the way, is pretty awkward. Whipping out an iPad for a casual picture is not discrete. Still I love my iPad so much, thankyoumomdadjuliazachalexdaniel!

Brunch:

Schloss Charlottenburg Market:

Anna, Kelly, and I enjoying Glühwein of the Bratapfel (baked apple) and Himbeer (raspberry) varieties:

1 comment:

Tania said...

Deutschland ist schoen/Germany is beautiful! Esp. at Christmas time.