Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Let's Go, France

This past week, I've been in Paris with my mama visiting relatives, eating too much foie gras (see preceding post), and visiting and eating too much in various neighborhoods in Paris. Because of all the family/holiday time we've had limited city time but enough that I was able to lose my mom in the subway once already. The train doors closed between us and I pounded on them screaming the name of our stop at the top of my lungs. As I rolled away with the train my mom pointed towards her ears and shook her head, making the international sign of "I cannot hear you, you crazy person, why did you get in the train without me?" Did I mention we were without cell phones?

Today we had a more successful trip (no travel mishaps!) and explored Le Marais which is known as the heart of Paris' Jewish and LGBT community as well as made the requisite trip to Notre Dame.

Resolution(s) Update: I haven't eaten any of the below since my last post. Two days down, 363 to go.

Link

No comments: