Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful for Travel!

Happy belated Thanksgiving to all of my family and friends in the US!

Since I wasn't able to be home yesterday to celebrate and was thus pumpkin-pie less, I decided at the very least I still deserved a nice piece of cake. That, and a long weekend in London. So yesterday afternoon, I took my time strolling through Soho until I found the quaintest cafe I could with the most homemade looking cakes possible. I was not disappointed with my ultimate selection. I ordered a slice of what you see above: buttercream cake with rose petal jam. Fancy, no?

I will be in London for five days and plans include spending some time with relatives (chicken tagine for Thanksgiving dinner yesterday!), a reunion with study abroad friends, a "Yanksgiving" celebration, and plenty of Thames strolling and cafe-sitting-people-watching inbetween.

Back in Berlin on Tuesday with hopefully many stories to share.

No comments: