Wednesday, April 18, 2012

It's a... Job!



As most of you have seen on Facebook by now, my news has been revealed: I have a job! And a pretty great one! Tomorrow morning I fly to Puerto Rico via London and New York for my first Dienstreise (business trip). Will be a long trek but I am super excited for tropical weather and to see some of my former classmates at the Comparative International Education Symposium, which I attended last year in Montreal. I'll be gone a week and promise a solid recap when I return!

I would be remiss not to thank everyone for all the support and encouragement these past 5+ months as I searched for the perfect opportunity in Berlin. I was ready to give up hope more than once, but somehow you all had faith it would work out for me. I'd especially like to thank my Mama, who edited countless emails and cover letters for me (damn you, German grammar), and my Opa, for his incredible support, logistical and otherwise. I wouldn't be here without them.

2 comments:

Kate Cottrell said...

Hooray!!! Have so much fun in Puerto Rico - send my love to the crew - I REALLY wish I could be there. So happy for you. Can't wait to here more about what you are doing.

Ann Finkelstein said...

Congratulations. We're looking forward to hearing about it.