Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Brunch, A Bunch, A Hunch

On Saturday, Kelly and I threw a brunch chez moi. She came over round 11, I turned on the Otis (my standard cooking tunes), and we got to choppin'. Once friends came over we ate and drank til we could eat and drink no more, soaked up the sun on the balcony, and enjoyed what was left of our lazy Saturday.

One of the funnier moments of the day came early on, when two of our German buddies, still exhausted from partying the night before, messed up their plan to make freshly squeezed juice for our get-together. One forgot his juicer, and the other remained unaware as he dragged 5 kilos worth of oranges on the 40 min trek to my apartment. That's a bunch of oranges. When they insisted they run out to the nearby store to find juicing equipment, I didn't have much hope- there's no Target around the corner, after all. Ten minutes later they sheepishly returned, 5 cartons of juice in tow, and we were pretty much rolling on the floor in laughter.

In other news, I may have news. I have a hunch a big announcement is on its way, so stay tuned.

5 comments:

Kathrin said...

I am from Berlin living in the States. Came across your blog a little while ago. I would (almost) kill for the basket of Brötchen!!!

Anonymous said...

When a girl says she has a hunch of good news she hopes that the one
beloved drops the question.
I hope this it is no tyet, OPa

Priscilla said...

A hunch! Tell meeeee noooowwwww (I never claimed to be a patient person). :D

Tania said...

I so empathize with your Brötchen-Lust Kathrin! Bread is amazing in Deutschland!!!

Sophia said...

Hi Kathrin, thanks for your comment. Stay tuned for a blog solely devoted to DE's delicious bread. They don't get nearly enough credit in that department!