Thursday, March 1, 2012

March Madness

I have my own March Madness going on this month, but instead of basketball games it'll be in the form of hosting visitors. There won't be pools or bets of any kind, but I will rate my guests on the following two criteria:

1) How many jars of Potbelly's hot peppers they come bearing.
2) How many museums they want to go to.

For the former, quantity is positively associated with points. For the latter, the opposite.

My blogging may be a bit spotty the next few weeks, but I'm sure to come back full of stories. I'm quite excited to see Berlin through the eyes of those unfamiliar with the city, and will consider it a personal failure if they don't fall in love with Berlin the way I have. Though I'm pretty confident once they have their first bite of Gözleme I've got it in the bag.

First up: Julia (the sister) & Jonathan (the good friend and vegetarian who has boldly declared he will go omnivore this vacation)! And just in case we don't consume enough Turkish food in Germany, we have planned a four day séjour to Istanbul to really get our fill.

Jet-lagged Julia & Jonathan with my airport welcome sign

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, this is hell week for me too.

CK said...

CANT WAIT TO SEE ALL THE PICTURES AT THE END OF THIS TRIP!!!

Tania said...

Have fun. Glad my girls are together for a bit!

Mama

Jess said...

This is adorable. Have so much fun!!