Thursday, September 20, 2012

Gesehen: Partner Look


I grew up hearing "Partner look!" squeals from my mom and aunt whenever any two people in the family or on the street happened to be wearing something similar. It's two English words, but when put together somehow becomes a German phrase. Just like lots of other English words that pervade German language, particular in the pop culture scene and the professional work environment (yay for me!).  I spotted these two - sisters? twins? equally sized and styled friends? - on my walk home from work yesterday.

p.s. These outfits may seem strange to you, but they are common fare in Berlin. I should start another sequence called "So Berlin" to highlight some of the weirder ones but then I'd probably have to write less about food, and that's just not realistic.

1 comment:

Keighley said...

ermergerrrd I really hope they have a good excuse for that...