Monday, November 5, 2012

A Shot at Life

Hi, friends. I don't know about you, but I'm coming off an exhausting weekend. This morning the fatigue hit me like a truck, and with it the astounding realization that I took not one photo all weekend. Ok, I took two photos, but that may as well be no photos for me. One was of an election advertisement and the other of a band playing at the flea market. And look at everything I did! Drinks and live music, yoga, Turkish market, cafe, errands, clean, cook dinner with friends, bar, other bar for dancing, flea market, eat everything in said flea market, cafe, cheese market, consume a huge plate of cheese and two glasses of wine in said cheese market, bar for another glass of wine, karaoke, late-night Turkish snack at Alexanderplatz. That's 2 musical performances, 3 markets, and 7 neighborhoods in one weekend. I won't even attempt to count the number of glasses of wine. Maybe this is really living- being so caught up in the moments you're experiencing that taking photos of the moments doesn't even cross your mind. I can be down with that from time to time. But since I can't regale you with shots of my fun-filled weekend, I'll throw in some recent gems that got lost in the shuffle. A weekend without pictures is one thing, a photo-less blog post quite another.

Homemade bread at a colleague's house in Israel
Bathroom wall wisdom
Trendspotting on the U-Bahn
"Bowling Abend" with colleagues
Not our living room: Kiki Sol, our new favorite spot in Wedding
Jerusalem: Smoked salmon foccacia for... one?

3 comments:

Max said...

i take either exceptional amounts of photos or none at all during the craziest, funnest periods of time. its a funny thing.

funnier still is that as into photography/videography as i have become in this city... i don't even really miss my camera since it was stolen last month.

Tania said...

What is the soup like concoction in the martini glass?

Sophia said...

Gazpacho! It was unbelievably good.